Please see our district website for up-to-date information on COVID 19. Parents and students please check your student’s email and Canvas notifications for learning opportunities. Credit Card Payments are now available at CHS with a 3% charge
School Closure - COVID 19 - Friday, March 27th Update
Latest update Thursday, April 6th 2020
For the latest update from our district for Video Conferencing information, student material pickup times (8-noon @ CHS) and Grab and Go meals--CLICK HERE
Thank you for your patience and work over the last few weeks. This has been an historic, interesting time for us all. Please know we have a staff that has worked hard to identify the essentials you need to be successful in a remote learning environment and to move you to the next level of learning.
I also understand that a remote learning environment is different and can be challenging. To help us all be successful, I've identified three basic expectations to help you be successful in this remote learning environment. Doing these three things will help the school monitor your learning progress and attendance for the remainder of the school closure.
Three Basic Expectations for Grades 7 -12:
- Log into EACH of your CANVAS CLASSES daily – This is ESSENTIAL. You may not have work every day, but please login and see what is being asked daily.
- Do assigned task and turn it in by due date. Work is ESSENTIAL.
- Ask for help when needed. Report technology or other problems to teacher or office.
Thank you for taking on this unique experience with a positive attitude. Students please know you are being missed. Keep working hard and checking in daily and we'll get through this COVID 19 experience. Stay safe and healthy.
Update form April 3, 2020
We would like to thank all of you parents for the support you've shown to the district during this unprecedented time. We know it has been challenging for you! We would encourage you to follow our Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/lincolncosd2/ and/or our website- https://www.lcsd2.org for updates. Our staff is looking forward to continuing to provide your students a meaningful education as we go digital, at least for the time being. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the School District Administration Office at 307-885-3811.
Lincoln County School District #2
Friday, March 27th from LCSD2:
Taken from LCSD2 notification to LCSD2 families: "Today Governor Gordon announced that Wyoming schools are to remain closed until April 17th. LCSD#2 Board of Trustees and Administration support this recommendation. Each district must have an Adaptive Education Plan in place by April 6 in order to continue to receive state funding. LCSD#2 administration will present our plan at a board meeting Wednesday, April 1."
"March 30- April 3 is the regularly scheduled spring break for students in Star Valley. Grab and Go Meals in Star Valley will not be available. Pick up in Cokeville will still be available Monday-Thursday of next week. We will continue to communicate with parents regarding the closure as information becomes available. We encourage all to continue using the guidelines coming from the CDC. Stay healthy!"
State ACT Update: Taken from the Wyoming Department of Education:
Reminder: Students, check your school email and Canvas notification for all school communication and learning opportunities through April 5th.
Suggestion for parents:
- For updates please check www.lcsd2.org and chs.lcsd2.org frequently.
- Parents to enroll as an observer in Canvas and Infinite Campus. Use this link to get to the Canvas login screen. On this page, click on the “Parent of a Canvas user” link...top right and create an account. This will allow you to follow your students progress if we go to a full online environment. For Infinite Campus information please email or call Mrs. Pam Nate for assistance in creating that account.
- If you haven’t already please see the district website or use links below for food pick-up options during the closure. You can still sign up.
- We are exploring solutions for wifi or other connectivity concerns to make this learning opportunity available for all. If internet connectivity is an issue for you, please contact your student’s teachers so we can provide alternate activities.
Monday-Thursday morning hours between 8-11:30am, Mrs Pope or Mrs. Nate will be at the office in case your child is needing to pick up an item from the school.
Please let your students know that the school is not socializing location over the next couple weeks. We want to protect all students and staff during this COVID19 Pandemic. If you are sick please do not come to the school.
The whole CHS staff will be available throughout the school closure. If any of us can support you or your student in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact us by email or phone. If you call a teacher and they aren’t available, please leave a message and he or she will try to respond to you within 24 hours.
A Sincere Thank You,
Grab and Go Meal:
Please check district website to sign up for Grab and Go meal. The link to sign up and to help with meal preparation please go to the following link Grab and Go Sign Up or type https://forms.gle/A5qcCksnvx4G8w9k6 in your menu bar, to sign up for these meals.
They will be served from 10 – 11:30 @ Cokeville High School outside kitchen doors. Please use south drive entrance so your driver side is facing school and your passenger side is facing football field. Bags will be delivered to your driver side window.
This starts tomorrow, Thursday March 19th and only be available during our regular scheduled school days.